Give your customers a summary of your blog post
Will My finger Turn Green?
Most of these rings are silver-plated. They usually have a strong bronze alloy base. The silver has been electro-plated on top of that base. The sterling and silver-plated rings should not turn your finger green or black. That being said, sometimes the plating wears off after 100 years and there is also the matter of body chemistry, soaps, lotions and other products that can cause a reaction. The green color is not harmful and will go away with a good washing. Here are a few things you can do to her prevent the green:
- Paint the part of the jewelry that touches your skin with a coat of clear nail polish so there is a type of barrier between the jewelry and your skin. Here are some other things you can fix with nail polish.
- Clean your jewelry regularly to remove excess lotion, sweat, and dirt.
- Store your jewelry in a dry environment.
- Keep your skin dry when wearing jewelry.
- Avoid wearing jewelry on hot days, since you’re more likely to sweat.
- Take off jewelry when swimming and cleaning.
Feel free to order a ring and you have 30 days to return if it if your skin reacts.